Sunday, April 17, 2016

When Missionaries Lose Their Adventurous Spirit


As a young teenage girl, I approached going on missions trips as an adventure! It was what I was called to do. From the time I was 10 years old I felt called to take the name of Jesus to other children who didn't know Him.


Finally, I would be going to the uttermost parts of the earth! Mexico, Guatemala, and Paraguay were my destinations at the age of 15, 16 and 20. Oh! the thrill of the unknown and the joy of speaking Spanish to those who did not know Jesus.

Fast forward almost 20 years, three sons and 14 years on the mission field of Spain. I was settled! In love with the city of Gijon and it's people. We had friends, a ministry, and a close knit family.


God has now called us back to to the United States. We have been living stateside for almost two years. Getting settled and trying to make the best of it.  This is a whole new adventure. I find myself struggling to think of ever moving again. To even allow myself the thought of launching out into new ministries. Where has my adventurous spirit gone?

I'm a teacher missionary. It's a calling. As our pastor said tonight,
"If you are called to be in the ministry, don't stoop to be a prime minister!"


This resonated in my heart. I can not settle. I must keep serving no matter where I am planted. Yes, even if we are called to leave our comfort zone again and again.

We were commissioned and sent. We came home, but we are still called and set apart. I will go and serve wherever He sends us on our next adventure home or abroad.

"Here am I Lord, send me."

~ Dani

Please consider helping us get our belongings back from Spain. Click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Important News